- This event has passed.
SOLISSIMA: Françoise Vanhecke’s Seed Money Grant Fall Concert Series in Belgium
November 16 @ 8:15 pm - 9:30 pm
‘Brilliant Belgian Singer’ Françoise Vanhecke
November 16th. 2023, 8:15PM
Muziekcentrum Track Kortrijk
Conservatoriumplein 1, 8500 Kortrijk, Belgium
The theme of her program is a reflection of our zeitgeist. Themes such as the life of today’s woman in this world of trial and error, war and peace, love, death, hope and romance are discussed. Various music styles are used in combination with improvisation and bel canto as well as her new vocal technique ISFV® Inhaling Singing with which she obtained her doctorate at UGent.
Françoise Vanhecke has chosen the following works to be performed this fall for her Seed Money Grant concert series in Belgium.
- Niloufar Nourbakhsh’s “The Window” for soprano and electronics (fixed media)
- Beth Anderson’s “Remember“ for voice and piano
- Svjetlana Bukvich’s “Tattoo” for mezzo-soprano, piano, and electronic sound from the suite, Interior Designs
- Jane Leslie’s “Sun on the Water & Sail Away” (for high voice and piano)
- Gladys Smuckler Moskowitz’s “Time and Tide” for voice and piano
- Stefania De Kenessey’s “In Bed with Fred” for soprano and piano (from the song cycle The muse is not amused)
- Joelle Wallach’s “(will you teach a & may my heart always be open to little“ (from Up into the silence) for unaccompanied voice
- Mira J. Spektor’s “Il neige dans mon coeur” for voice and piano
- Juliana Hall’s “But the other” Soprano solo unaccompanied (from In Spring)
- Catherine Neville’s “Cinderella” for Soprano and electronics
- Nina Siniakova’s “Of Dreams and Colours” for solo voice and hand cymbals
- Patricia Leonard’s “Everywhere” for voice and piano
‘SOLISSIMA’ will be performed again in Antwerp, Belgium on Thursday, December 7, 2023.
This concert is made possible in part through funding from the New York Women Composers organization. We’d like to thank The Puffin Foundation for their support of this project.